My core training methods are largely influenced by the principles of yoga, but also by physical therapy rehab/”pre-hab” exercises and Pilates:
- The core includes the “abs”, the lower back, and the hips.
- Both core stability and core strength are essential for optimal functioning.
- Injury prevention is paramount.
- The client must perform consistent core exercises independently, most days of the week, for best results (“homework” is provided).
- All muscles in the core, not just the “six-pack,” are important!