I may look like a yoga teacher, but at heart I’m a traditional weight lifter. I strongly believe that weight training and calisthenics are key to both weight loss and optimal, pain-free movement. Here are my philosophies:
- You do not need a gym membership to engage in weight training. A few accessories, combined with your bodyweight, is enough for an effective at-home routine.
- Form is more important than anything else.
- Weight training will not make you “bulky.” When combined with the proper diet, weight training will reveal sculpted, lean muscles.
- Weight training is important for fat loss, just like cardio.
- Weight training must be incorporated if you are a long distance runner or cyclist, in order to avoid injury.