I use nutritional coaching methods that are grounded both in science and psychology, and I require new clients to track food daily to some extent for 1-3 months. My nutrition coaching is based on the following philosophies:
- I do not advocate crash diets, cleanses, or fad diets.
- Scientifically, my methods are based on a slight caloric deficit combined with strategic food group balances.
- Psychologically, I focus on helping clients build healthy habits that can last a lifetime, not a “drop pounds fast” mentality.
- I am “body positive,” but I also believe that maintaining a healthy weight is essential to overall vibrant health.
- Mental health goes hand in hand with physical health, and I foster a self-caring and compassionate approach.